Thursday, September 24, 2009

What Happends In Bathhouses?



Of segiuto take back a letter / thought written by a young mother who got to know Dr. Agostini Saul to visit his child, words written after the first visit and the first meeting.

a special person

few weeks ago I went to visit with my child a special doctor, but before that be ... A GREAT MAN. I am not referring to his physical height, but the breadth of his spirit and his passion for what makes the profession: Paediatric Orthopaedics.
I met this man out of hospital, in a pizzeria, outside a hotel, on a mountain, in a restaurant .. never in a hospital, with his worn shirts.
I knew him through the stories of other people but I never tested her to be a professional person.
Eventually, spurred also by paola dear, I asked this "character" to visit my child, explaining what I observed and what he meant. that fact, have an appointment.
I introduce myself to admit him with a bit of fear but enthusiastic and serene in knowing that I was going to put my hands small.
There was certainly nothing serious but who believed that foot pain was starting to doubt just laziness.
arrive, we go ... we're out of his study with a family waiting to enter .. and shortly after you open the door and leaves him for last, after 3 Signori ..
him by the white coat on which is sewed or sewing is done, the colored patches to cheer him up, big smile from him, arms wide open and as if to embrace first his family waiting for him and then us .. and believe me we could stay there all those arms!
ago accommodate the family and runs from us, hugs and salutes to mark .. perhaps he remembered that his beardless "Man with van"
minutes of waiting ... run fast it's up to us .. a chat to see how fast is Bea .. because it is always true that behind a great man is always a great woman.
the studio is beautiful: colorful, with games of all puppets, giant hands, and a myriad of pens on the desk .... all different, all curious and colorate.il carpet and the couch on which visit her children are almost camouflaged and made fun of all that is around ..
mark the visit is simple walking and he observes, then the tips and he notes .. hours with him on his heels and looked sweet and tender voice and half smile saying "oh dear you poor effort, can not you?" is because those with flat feet trouble walking on his heels.
the explanation of this effort is simple and straightforward, provided that you climb on the couch ...
the diagnosis and what I have to do is explained with all perspectives .. I start to sit down .. not for what I am told that to the bitter confirmation that those who believes that pain again simply laziness perhaps maybe wrong.
after this gesture of mine I am reassured by that dear voice which sums up the situation and shows what he is and it can become.
At that moment I imagined other situations, far more complex than that of Mark that finally only the feet flat!
I imagined other mothers, other children who feel this voice, those big hands that caress the heads and smile that makes it less bitter than what the words convey.
I imagined the guys I knew, that his hands are gone and I understand even more what I have always given .. I clarified the size of this man, this professional ... I see a new aspect to the GP that organizes trips and special dinners for and with children who has experienced in recent years .. I see the appearance of the medical professional who works with passion.
I remember that warm, that alternative treatment that many profess and call to make and I hope with all my heart that most of our doctors to take some of our Dr. Agostini ... so perhaps even more news pain will have a different flavor. Thanks
saulo .. and thanks bea ... if he had not near a woman like her, with which it shares his passion and his love for what he does, it could not be so bright as it is. Thanks
and heart!
Ale

0 comments:

Post a Comment